Information We Collect
We may collect personal information in connection with your use of the Site or any Services (collectively, "Personal Information"). This information is collected for our legitimate business purposes and may be used as described below.
(1) Active Collection Of Information
(2) Automatic Collection Of Information
We also may collect certain information automatically when you visit and use the Site and any Services. We collect this information for our legitimate business purposes and to facilitate your use of our Site and Services. Such information may include: (a) the time, date, and duration of your visit to the Site; (b) your browser type and operating system; (c) your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area; (d) other unique identifiers, including device information such as the unique device identifier, hardware model, operating system and version, and mobile network information; (e) sites you visited before and after visiting the Site; (f) pages you view and links you click on within the Site; (g) products ordered and their value; (h) your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded; and (i) social media tracking pixels that allow platforms such as Facebook and Twitter to interact with this Site and give feedback on your actions.
(3) Information From Other Sources
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may collect or receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or fraud detection information, from third-party service providers and/or partners. For example, we may receive background check results (with your consent where required) or fraud warnings from service providers for our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We may also collect public personal information about you when we monitor other websites. For example, we may monitor conversations on public platforms concerning Bausch Health or the pharmaceutical industry more generally. We may combine information about you from various sources. If you link, connect, or log in with a third-party service (such as Google, Facebook, or LinkedIn), the third-party service may send us information such as your registration and profile information from that service. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service. We do not control, supervise, or respond regarding the processing of your personal data by these third-party services. Any information request regarding the use or disclosure of such personal data by these third parties should be directed to the respective third party.
How We Use And Disclose Information
Your information is collected for our legitimate business purposes, including to effectuate, monitor, evaluate, and improve our business relationship with you. We use, store, and process the information we collect about you to, among other things, provide, understand, improve, and develop our Site and Services; communicate with you; fulfill your requests; facilitate our engagement with you; and comply with our legal obligations. As such, we may use and/or disclose your Personal Information that we collect in connection with this Site or any Services as follows:
- (1) With Your Consent. Where you have provided consent, we may use and disclose your Personal Information as described at the time of consent.
- (2) Our Business Purposes. We may use your Personal Information for our business purposes, such as to (a) provide products, services, and information you request including through our affiliates; (b) communicate updates, promotions, or news about us, including our products, services, or events, through email, direct mail, or otherwise; (c) engage in market research; (d) maintain or administer the Services, perform business and/or healthcare analyses, or for other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Services, and other products and services we offer and to better understand how visitors are interacting with the Services; (e) protect our company, our customers, and/or the Services; (f) prepare government reports; (g) process employment applications and inquiries; (h) customize and personalize your use of the Site or the Services; (i) market our products and services, (j) monitor and conduct reviews of our products and services, (k) help us improve our current products or develop new products, (l) collect demographic and geographic information about the users of the Site and our products, (m) communicate administrative or legislative related information, (n) respond to your requests; (o) respond to reports you make of a possible side effect associated with one of our products, monitor the safety of our products, and engage in adverse event reporting; and (p) as otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
- (3) Third-Party Providers. We use a variety of third-party service providers to help us provide services related to the Site, the Services, and our business. Such service providers may include, without limitation, (a) our professional advisors, auditors, and business partners, (b) our vendors that host the Site, manage databases, perform analyses or data analytics, process payments, provide technical or customer support, or send communications for us; and (c) companies with which we have promotional, marketing, advertising, or other commercial relationships, including financial institutions and companies that perform fulfillment and/or delivery services. These service providers may be located inside or outside of the U.S. In each case, we take reasonable precautions to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized use or disclosure. For example, we may enter into written agreements that commit such service providers to keep your information confidential and to use appropriate security measures with respect to such information. In addition, these service providers’ access to your Personal Information is limited to that necessary or advisable to perform tasks on our behalf.
- (5) Compliance With Law Or Regulatory Action Or Requests. We may disclose your information, including Personal Information, to courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with applicable law, regulation, or guidance; (b) comply with legal process and/or to respond to claims asserted against us; (c) respond to requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability; (d) protect the rights, property, and/or personal safety of Bausch Health, its employees, or members of the public; and/or (e) comply with or respond to an investigation or request for information or cooperation by a regulatory, governmental, or other entity, whether or not legally required. Where appropriate, we may notify you about legal requests unless providing such notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order, or by applicable law, or we believe that providing such notice would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of injury or other harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of liability upon Bausch Health.
- (6) Subsidiaries And Affiliates. We may disclose your information to our subsidiaries and other affiliates for a variety of reasons, including for business, operational, and marketing purposes.
- (7) Aggregated Information. We may share aggregated information (information about our users that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and other anonymized information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
- (8) Tell-A-Friend Features. We may disclose your name and email address to your friend if you use a tell-a-friend feature to send that friend information about Bausch Health products or services.
- (9) Enforcement Of Legal Notice. We may disclose Personal Information in order to enforce our Legal Notice Click here.
We will not sell, rent, or lease your Personal Information to any third party unless disclosed to you at the time of your submission of such information
- (4) Data Access; Copies; Transfer; Correction. Applicable law may entitle you to request the following with respect to Personal Information that we hold about you: (a) that we provide you with access to such Personal Information; (b) that we provide you with copies of such Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request that we transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible); and/or (c) that we correct inaccurate or incomplete Personal Information about you.
- (5) Restriction Of Processing. Applicable law may give you the right to limit the ways in which we use your Personal Information, in particular where (a) you contest the accuracy of your Personal Information; (b) the processing of your Personal Information is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of such information; (c) we no longer need your Personal Information for the purposes of the processing, but you require the information for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims; or (d) you have objected to the processing and a determination of whether our legitimate grounds override your own is pending.
- (6) Objection To Processing. Applicable law may entitle you to require us not to process your Personal Information for certain specific purposes (including profiling) where such processing is based on legitimate interest. If you object to such processing, we will no longer process your Personal Information for these purposes unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such processing or such processing is required for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims. Where your Personal Information is processed for direct marketing purposes, you may, at any time, ask us to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes.
- (7) Erasure. If you no longer want us to use your information, you can request that we erase your Personal Information. Please note that if you request the erasure of your Personal Information: (a) we may retain some of your Personal Information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety; (b) we may retain and use your Personal Information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations; (c) some copies of your Personal Information (such as log records) may remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identifiers; and (d) residual copies of your Personal Information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
- (8) Lodging Complaints. You have the right to lodge complaints about the data processing activities carried out by us before the applicable data protection authorities.
- (2) Use of And Access to Services. You, not Bausch Health, are solely responsible and liable for your activity, behavior, use, and conduct on the Site and in connection with any Services. Any submission of information by you does not guarantee that we will permit you to access and/or use any or all of the features or functions of the Site or any Services.
- (3) Confidentiality; Reporting. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any account usernames and/or passwords you may have that are associated with the Site or the Services and for any access to or use of the Services using such account usernames and/or passwords, whether or not authorized by you. You must notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of such account usernames and/or passwords or any other breach of security.
We maintain reasonable technical, physical, administrative, and procedural security precautions to help protect against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, interception, or destruction of the information you provide to us. Please note, however, that no such precautions are 100% effective. As a result, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us, and we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, interception, or inadvertent disclosure of your Personal Information. Therefore, any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk.
We do not and will not send you emails asking you to provide or confirm personal information. A technique known as "phishing" attempts to steal personal identity data and financial account credentials from consumers. "Phishers" use "spoofed" emails to lead consumers to sham websites which trick recipients into divulging personal information including credit card numbers, account usernames, passwords, and social security numbers. If you receive such an email communication purporting to be from the Site or in connection with any Services, please forward it immediately to email@example.com and then delete it from your computer.
We reserve the right to deny to any user access and/or use privileges, including without limitation use of any services, features, or functions of one of our sites, if there is a question regarding the identity of the person accessing or attempting to access any services, features, or functions.
Retention Of Personal Information
We generally retain your personal information for as long as necessary for our legitimate business interests or to comply with legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your information, you may request that it be erased. Please see paragraph 7 of the "User Rights" section above for more detail about such erasure.
User Generated Content
Social Networking Services
You may be able to link an account from a social networking service (such as Facebook, Google+, or LinkedIn) to an account through our Services. This may allow you to use your credentials from the other site or service to sign in to certain features on our Services. If you link your account from a third-party site or service, these social networking services may be able to collect information about you, including your activity on our Services.
We also may work with certain third-party social media providers to offer you their social networking services through our Services. For example, you may be able to use third-party social networking services, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and others to share information about your experience on our Services with your friends and followers on those social networking services. These social networking services may be able to collect information about you, including your activity on our Services. These third-party social networking services also may notify your friends, both on our Services and on the social networking services themselves, that you are a user of our Services or about your use of our Services, in accordance with applicable law and their own privacy policies. If you choose to access or make use of third-party social networking services, we may receive information about you that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts on those social networking services.
Links To Third Party Sites
For California Customers Only
California law requires certain California businesses to disclose, upon a customer’s written request, (a) a list of the kinds of personal information that the business has disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, and (b) the names and addresses of all of the third parties that received personal information from the business for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. Businesses must respond to such requests within thirty (30) days, but they are only obligated to respond to one request from a customer in a calendar year.
If you are a current customer in California, you may request this disclosure by sending an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org listing your name, address, and e-mail address. You must also specifically indicate the nature of your request by including the following language or language substantially similar to it: "I request that you send me your third-party information sharing disclosures as required by California Civil Code Section 1798.83." Alternatively, you may mail your request to Bausch Health Companies Inc., 400 Somerset Corporate Boulevard, Bridgewater, New Jersey 08807.
The Site is controlled and operated by us from the U.S. If you are visiting this Site from a country other than the U.S., your Personal Information collected on this Site will be transferred outside of your country. This Site is designed to comply with the laws, rules, and regulations of the U.S. and is not intended to subject us to the laws, rules, or regulations of any jurisdiction other than the U.S.
Notification of Changes
- Office of the Chief Privacy Officer
- Bausch Health Companies Inc.
- 400 Somerset Corporate Boulevard
- Bridgewater New Jersey 08807
- Email: email@example.com