The following links apply to Bausch Health and all of its U.S. subsidiaries
To submit funding requests for Salix or Ortho Dermatologics educational grants and investigator-initiated studies, click here.
To submit funding requests for Bausch + Lomb educational grants and investigator-initiated studies, click here.
For charitable contributions (financial or product donations), visit the Bausch Foundation website here.
Bausch Health recognizes that professional schools and residency programs are the beginning of a health care professional’s training. For the rest of their careers, health care professionals rely on continuing medical education to help them improve their practice and deliver high-quality, safe, effective patient care. Educational grants cover the full range of topics important to health care—from the latest breakthroughs in research to how to communicate with families.
Bausch Health is committed to improving the quality of life for patients and supporting the ongoing medical and scientific education of health care professionals. Accordingly, Bausch Health provides grants to support bona-fide educational programs. Bausch Health has appointed a grants committee to review, consider, approve or disapprove all grant requests.
Review recently approved educational grants here.
Bausch Health recognizes that Investigator-initiated studies (IIS) enable research that has the potential to improve the treatment of disease, patient outcomes and the quality of health care. Support is awarded based on the scientific merit of each submitted proposal. The IIS program is offered to all academic and community-based scientists who are interested in conducting their own research.
In general, investigator-initiated studies are smaller in scale than Phase IV trials and are “proof of concept” or “exploratory” in nature. The budget should reflect “fair market value” for all costs. Bausch Health may provide funding and other forms of support, such as clinical trial materials, to support studies initiated and sponsored by outside researchers.
Grants funded by Bausch Health must comply with:
- The Office of Inspector General (OIG) Compliance Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers;
- The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Commercial Support of Educational Programs;
- The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers Association (PhRMA) Code on Interactions with Health Care Professionals and the Advanced Medical Technology Association (AdvaMed) Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals;
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Guidance on Industry Supported Scientific and Educational Activities;
- The American Medical Association (AMA) Guidelines on Continuing Medical Education; and
- The company’s internal policies, guidelines and applicable standard operating procedures.